Friday, January 06, 2006

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead.

Who knew that I had a portal to another world right in my own home. The portal I speak of isn't a wardrobe, a goblet of fire, or a pair of ruby slippers. No, it is my freezer. My Frigidaire, heavy duty, industrial grade, freezer. I thought It only held 5 cubic Ft, but apparently it is a gateway to Narnia or another land where the White Witch reigns. In my freezer it should be a realm that is always winter and never Christmas, but alas Aslan has come and so did the spring thaw to my freezer. Normally I would be on the side of Aslan, but this is a consequence I did not foresee.

Oh well. Instead of celebrating the death of the Witch with a nice heaping bowl of ice cream, casualties lost in the war, we had a dinner of salmon and steak.

9 comments:

Proud Mum said...

Very beautifully written.

But I'm confused: do I celebrate the death of the witch or mourn the death of the freezer?

Alyson said...

you see my dilemma

Philosophical Karen said...

I'll just ignore my confusion and concentrate on what I do know: salmon and steak. Mmm...dinner.

(Sorry about the freezer, though.)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, sad about the freezer. Our freezer door came open one time while we were on vacation (bad seal) and we came home to soaked carpet and floor and everything in our freezer was gone. Enjoy your salmon and steak, :)

fourth_fret said...

well... i will mourn the ice cream. :D

Heather said...

We just got our first deep freeze after almost five years of married life. I love it but now I realized I have something else to worry about. Deep freeze failure. so instead of thinking what would I do if this were my last day on earth I am thinking what would EAT if this were my freezers last day on earth. I think I need to keep more ice cream in the freezer.

Kris said...

Dang it, I hate it when that happens! Been there done that. I hpoe it was a dinner fitting of a freezer funeral...we are gathered here today to say goodbye to our beloved freezer...

K.

ABQ Mom said...

My deep freeze went out, the day after Shanes birthday when I had bought him a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. It was out in the garage and the only other thing in the freezer at the time was a 20 lb bag of flour. But at least it wasn't the result of the freezer going out, the plug wasn't plugged in completely

ABQ Mom said...

oh and p.s. I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like it came quite suddenly, I hope you are all handling it well.