Tuesday, February 28, 2006
I was looking for ideas on what to do that would be kid friendly and I came across this. So feel free to donn a mask and join me in my virtual party. I have also come across a recipe that you can use to make beads for your own beaded necklace.
What ever you decide to do today have fun. Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent (if I understand correctly). I'm not catholic but It would be interesting to me to see if I could give up a vice for 40 days. I don't know what I will give up yet but I think pop should be at the top of my list. Wow that sounded a little "eat drink and be merryish".
Monday, February 27, 2006
I won't be weighing in today because I haven't a scale at home. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll do it tomorrow.
Sunday, February 26, 2006
I have a rather large pantry, some might be envious and I truly love it. The pantry is definitely one of the reasons why I am staying where I am for a while. Although I love my pantry, like all pantries , it needed to be cleaned out. People it took 3 days of scrubbing, purgingand organizing and it is finished. Now I need to put my kitchen back together.
This past week my sons have achieved a goal. Last May their friends got gameboys. They too wanted gameboys. I refuse to buy my sons something for almost $100.00 to be thrown around their room and stepped on. After all they are only 6 and 4. They know I am a mom open to negotiation so we agreed they would have to earn the money. That meant they needed to find a job that they could do to earn money. They collected bottles. It took until just last week plus some Ralph money for them to achieve their goals. We went to a pawn shop in Calgary and my sister in law went to one in Lethbridge. They both have gameboys and they only spent $60.00 each. They had enough money to get two games and we picked up the last game yesterday. They stayed pretty focused. Thank goodness for the Ralph money though. That put them over the top. They were starting to get discouraged, who wouldn't May to February is a long time especially when you are 6 and 4 I have to say I'm really please with them.
Whats a WOOT anyway?
Friday, February 24, 2006
| the Questioner|
| you chose CY - your Enneagram type is SIX.|
"I am affectionate and skeptical"
Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family,
How to Get Along with Me
What I Like About Being a Six
What's Hard About Being a Six
Sixes as Children Often
Sixes as Parents
The Enneagram Made Easy
|My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
|Link: The Quick and Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test|
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Week 1: 156
Week 2: 157.9
Net -0.1 lbs
Like Beauty shop momma I'm back at the beginning. I am resolved to do better this week. I too had too many cinnamon buns. My mom made them I couldn't turn them down.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Pardon Me but I thought the womens movement was about choice and giving each other that opportunity. Just be cause I have been freed from my domestic slavery doesn't mean I have to go out and work. Isn't that a slavery of another kind if you don't have the choice to stay home?
I haven't seen the article so maybe I'm just making a big deal about nothing. I just wish we could leave the moats in our neighbours eyes alone and worry about our own beams. Fueling the fire isn't going to make things better.
That being said I have smoother heels and lialic toenails now and Jenthemom won't be gossed out the next time she sees me.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Edited- Well we never made it skating, the visit with my sister took up more time than I thought. We did go out for dinner. The boys got a free dessert. Things like that happen to them all the time. Our money pit turned out not to be as bad as we first thought, thank goodness. So we are not as far off schedual as I thought we would be and we still have to buy a new freezer but thats for another time. Hope your weekend was great.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
My first idea to mark the occasion was to send my husband down a iced over water fall while laying on a small sled (aka the luge, the ultimate in tobogganing). Truly, I thought he would like it. Unfortunately the timing was horrible so that idea fell through. It fell through the night before go figure. So what was I going to do to celebrate this day of lovers? Sex should make up for it and its cheap or so I thought.
I went to my drawer and found my sad collection of lingerie. I decided that just wouldn't do so I showered, shaved, makeuped, self tanned, did my hair and packed up my four year old son and took him to the mall to find something that would be appropriate.
I went from store to store looking at things I could add to a "shag bag" and possible "out fits". I stayed away from the adult stores because I am a bit of a prude (which makes me wonder why I am typing this). I found out it had been a while since I had shopped for lingerie and my body is just not the same as it was when we were first married and no amount of self tanner is ever going to make it better.
Last year I was bra fitted and found out I'm a 34 long which means I'm in the land of limbo. Average stores do not carry the cup size required when I bundle my load and plus store don't carry my band size. I need a specialty store and by specialty store I mean expensive. Its at least $100 dollars more for an extra 2 - 3 inches of fabric. This fabric was weave by the fairies themselves at least that is what I tell myself to justify spending $125 on one bra. That is why I thought if I go to an average store and buy extra large for something that isn't going to stay on long, I'll get it for cheap.
Strike two. I won't scare you with the details, but I will tell you there is a sales lady that gets too personal and my 4 year old son is going to need therapy because I read somewhere that cognitive memories begin at age 3. At least he thought they were swimming suits but when he realizes what was happening I'm going to be blamed for him going to jail and living life in the fast lane. Then I'm going to need therapy. All I can say is what was I thinking? I walked out of the store without a purchase and we had a candlelight dinner with the boys and early bed because my husband has to get up at 4:00am to get to work by 5:00am. I wish I had remembered that I would have focused on making a great dessert like sex in a pan at least the pan would have been happy. Despite all of this I did have a good Valentine's Day. I think I'll just not worry so much about it and put more effort into our anniversary.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
I was having a hard time deciding what form of appeal to use. On one had I could list all of the things that appeal to me and write about one of those. I find chocolate, a clean house, intimacy with my husband, my red bike and trips to Waterton appealing. On the other hand I could write about times that I have had to appeal to higher authority. The latter has not occurred very often because I was a "good girl". I do however remember a time I made a supplication to a superior.
I was 19 and moving out on my own. I wanted to break free, to cut the apron strings, so to speak. In my zeal I forgot to plan. I knew everything would work out. IÂm an adult. I can make it on my own (with my roommate). One thing that is required when one moves out is money. I did not have a job, and no damage deposit. Neither did my roommate. Looking back now I wonder how the property manager approved us but he did.
To get enough money for the damage deposit I had to sell my clothes to my parents. I was a bit of a "clothes horse" and I think they thought that I would back down if I had to sell my clothes. I was determined and the transaction was complete. I am sure my mother cried that night. I was her oldest and I was leaving.
I began my job search I had two weeks to find a job before rent was due. I applied for a telemarketing job and was denied. I was told that if I called in a week there might be something for me. The job paid ten dollars an hour, to me that felt like millions. I continued my job search but I really wanted to be paid lots of money. I said a prayer and asked my maker to please help me get this job. I phoned and got an answering machine. I hung up and got some paper and prepared the massage that I would leave. I figured it was ok because telemarketers have scripts they have to follow.
I got the job. I went two days and only made one sale. I was not doing well by their standards. I was not having fun either; in fact I hated that job. I knew I wasn't going to quit but I needed too. I got up and went to the bathroom and made a second appeal to my Heavenly Father. I told him that he was right and that I did not belong in this job. I also said I was not going to quit because I had begged for this job. To put it plainly I asked God to fire me.
I returned to my desk and was about to sit down when I was summand to the bosses "office" and told I wasn't what they were looking for. What a sweet release.
For some reason with these topics come songs in my head. With this one came "You CanÂt Always Get What You Want" and with Remedy came "Bad Medicine".
Monday, February 13, 2006
Friday, February 10, 2006
Just wondering if there is a pole out there saying what men want for valentines day. I don't think a cluster diamond heart pendant will do it for my man but unfortunately that's all the commercials are advertising.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Four Jobs I Have Had:
Instead of telling you 4 jobs that I have had I think I will tell 4 jobs that I applied for and in some way or another it didn't work out.
1. McDonalds - as some of you know I applied to this job on 3 different occasions. Once when I was 14, again when I was 16 and finally when I was 18. On all occasions I was never hired. Some have tried to comfort me by telling me I was over qualified. Thank you for your concern but I think I'm fine now. In case of relapse I think I should start a support group. If there is anyone out there who has been rejected by McDonalds, please let me know. I may need to call you some time. "sniff"
2. Chucky Cheese- A place where a kid can be a kid or so the slogan goes. I was hired by them and got my uniform, but got a "better offer" from someone else so I quit before my first shift.
3. Ginger Beef Peking House- I was hired as a hostess. I worked one shift and thought I did pretty well. Unfortunately I didn't speak or write Chinese. The cooks all wanted their phone orders written in Chinese. So I was let go. At least that is the story I was given. I just have one question do I look like I can speak Chinese? If that was a criteria don't you think that you would have put that in the ad?
4. Suzy Shier- Yes I was one of those girls. Hey What's Suzy Wearing? Anyway this is where I learned that if management valued me then I worked really hard. If management didn't treat me well I was less motivated. This is the job that I performed my best and my worst. At the top of my game I would be on the national list for sales and at my worst I was let go over the phone.
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
1. The Princess Bride
2. Pride and Prejudice (with Colin Firth)
3. Nothing to Lose
4. Anything Star Wars (mostly because I have to watch it over and over again)
Four Places I Have Lived:
1. Provo Utah- conceived and Born there
2. Edmonton Alberta- Where I did most of my growing up. Despite what others think I liked living there even though now my neighbourhood is the hood.
3. Calgary Alberta- Where I have spent most of my married life
4. Lethbridge Alberta- Where my second child was conceived and born.
Four TV shows I Love:
1 How I Met Your Mother
2. Yes Dear
3. Tool Time (sad when that one left thank goodness for syndication)
4. As for Dramas It’s a tie between Medium and House
Four TV Shows I Detest:
1. The Family Guy-The pop culture jokes are funny but not enough to make me watch the raunchy show.
2. Fear Factor- Should be called gross factor
3. Commander and Chief- I don't care if they’re trying to groom the American public for Hilary to become President. I'm just plain “politicized” out by celebrities.
4. The O.C or any other "teen drama".
Four Books I Would Recommend:
1. Harry Potter- any in the series but I would start in at the beginning; it just makes sense.
2. The Chronicles of Narnia
3. The Lord of the Rings- make sure you got some time to read that series it may take a while.
4. Lloyd Alexander Books- I can't seem to think of a name right now.
As you can tell I am an "immature" reader. That is ok because I still get the story and fewer adults content.
Four Places I Have Vacationed:
1. Waterton National Peace Park- My Family used to go there every year. Not so much now. It's not well known for the shopping, but if you like mountains and hikes with less commerciality than Banff, then this is the place for you.
2. Kimberly Idaho- My mother grew up there and we used to go visit once every five years. Unfortunately I don't know my mother’s family that well.
3. Preston Idaho- There seems to be a theme here, but my husband's father grew up in Preston so we have reunions there. Surprisingly enough my mom and my father- in- law grew up 2 hours away from one another.
4. Interstate 15, highway 89 to Arizona. Took pics on route 66 and stayed in Mesa. Our “honey moon” was a lot of driving and storms in the canyons.
Just so you know I have never been on a plane. I would really like to go somewhere that you can’t get to by car.
Four of My Favorite Dishes:
1. Steak Dinner at the Keg
2. Dinner at Basils in Marda Loop- I can't remember what I had but I know it was good food, crowded, but good food. Make a reservation.
3. Spinage and Feta Stuffed Chicken with steamed asparagus and wild rice
4. Subway- The best place to get sub sandwiches. One of the only things I could keep down when I was pregnant.
Four Sites I Visit Daily
1. www.alysonslife.blogspot.com -because the blogs I read are linked to my site.
3. Yahoo.ca – my email
4. Hotmail.com –my enrichment email
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. In Hawaii- you can't get there by car
2. Massage- I have never had one professionally but I think I would like one.
3. My Very Own House- I am tired of renting in a place that is too small for me.
4. Shopping- I think I have an addiction. At least I'm not always spending money.
Four Bloggers I'm Tagging
I don't think I'm going to pass this on because it took too much time for me to answer. Sorry the chain stops with me.
Monday, February 06, 2006
"Chocolate, chocolate chocolate, all I want is chocolate chocolate chocolate. "
Keep repeating it over and over to any tune you like. I don't know if there is something wrong with me but I want chocolate and its not even hormonaly based.
"Chocolate, chocolate chocolate, all I want is chocolate chocolate chocolate."
"Chocolate, chocolate chocolate, all I want is chocolate chocolate chocolate."