Saturday, January 07, 2006

Casanova

Yesterday my husband and I went on a date. Our usual MO is a movie. One of the perks of working for a theater is free movies. We couldn't see as many as we do otherwise. Last night was no different. We saw the movie Casanova with Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller. It was not what I expected. It was funny and a bit predictable but what romantic comedy isn't?

I enjoy going out with my husband and I am glad after 8 years of marriage we still enjoy being alone together and work at being so.

2 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

it looks like a cute movie from the previews, I was curious as to why it was rated R though.

Alyson said...

To tell you the truth i didn't know the rating before I went to the movie. last time I did that I was deeply shocked. I know in the states is was rated R but in Canada it was rated 14A. I'm not justifying it. I just find it odd that a movie like this would be classified in the same catagory as "Love Actualy"( A movie with a lot of breasts in it). Casanova had implied nudity and inuendo. They also said the word virginity a lot. I don't know what classification requires,but usually I stick to PG movies.

I don't think I would see this movie again. There were funny parts but I wasn't all that impressed. On the hand my husband had lower expectations so he liked it more than I did and was surprised at the rating himself.