Monday, January 08, 2007

She Lives!

Today was the first day back to school after a long, lazy Christmas break. It was nice to have a bit of a break, a little time to myself in the morning. I decided that I needed to be there for the kids because I was worried I had burned out my sister and my friends by leaving them the load for the past two months. I got up early went through my morning ritual and went with the boys to school and then dropped my husband off at work.

So what did I do with my extra morning time? I tried to keep up with my resolutions and I did some dishes.This resulted in a little nausia and a rush to the bathroom where I saw that my toilet needed cleaning. I decided to do it in stages. I put the cleaner in and let it sit for about 30min. Then I scrubbed with a brush and let it soak some more. It took me many hours, not due to the grossness but I was doing it in stages and would forget about it. It's done and I pleased with myself.

I did take a nap from 1:30 to 3:00 and thankfully I got a wakeup call from a friend who knew I would oversleep. Right now I'm feeling nausiated and tired but accomplished.

I just hope I didn't do too much. It could take days to recover.

4 comments:

Jen said...

First of all, I hope I didn't take advantage of you today. I'm the last one that wants to see you over do it.

Tomorrow is Tuesday after all, that means a break, right?

Alyson said...

No you didn't, I was going to get D anyway. Sitting on my butt as I drive your son home and taking the elevator won't do what a load of laundry, dishes, toilet cleaning, a trip to the grocery store, and cleaning my kids room will do.

Anonymous said...

What a hilarious post... when you were running to puke you just happened to notice that the toilet needed cleaning. I have to admit I have never noticed the cleanliness of anything when I was about to be sick... You are a real trooper Al.....

Proud Mum said...

I puke with my eyes shut. That way I never notice is the toilet is nasty and I never have to see my expulsion. Otherwise I'd never stop vomitting.

I don't know how you do it. Keep your chin up, you're a real soldier!