Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Would Like To Take This Time To...

Frankly people I am feeling a little overwhemled but it is my own fault. I am in the process of planning an Enrichment night and I am presently taking a financial course and have been given a truck load of homework. I am a procrastinator by nature and I'm finding it hard to foresee anytime to procrastinate. I know its for my own good but... Oh just let me whine for a while. Pleeeaaaase.

I thought I was bogged down with the Enrichment event but now I have to read 80 pages, fill out questionnaire, read a FORBES article, Do the first two exercises in the binder, call a lawyer to get things started for a will, personal directive and power of attorney, pick a stock to follow and do the excursuses in another book all for next week. Okay I'm done whining now

Its not that I don't want to do this I really do. I'm actually excited but I am a little scared. It's a big leap for me. I am also wondering when I am going to find the time to do all this and still complete what I have already committed too. A friend, who is also in the class, was wondering the same thing. She has even more to do than I (so I couldn't whine to her) she will be MC at one of her sons meets this week. I told her if there was a lull in the competition she might want to spice things up with "Ladies and Gentleman I would like to take this opportunity to read to you from this article in FORBES." You know two dead birds one stone. You get the idea.

Anyway I think I am definitely going to learn how to manage my time better, but hopefully I will get more out of this than that.

2 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

You should take a time management course.

On top of everything else you have to do.

Allrie said...

LOL I feel your pain...of cours I don't read Forbes or do anything with numbers--if I can possibly avoid it, but look around you as you wait places, especially kids sports events. Therre will be a least a couple parents madly doing homework an/or grading papers.

Don't PROCRASTINATE, rather, DELEGATE! That takes care of Enrichment, read while in the car with your husband driving, or have him read to you if you are driving--or borrow a smart enough older kid to travel on your errands and read to you. As for the rest...I'm afraid you're stuck. Use your immagination and perhaps you can delegate more or even involve your kids in a way that allows you to do homework while they "play". (Sariah did a fantastick report on Indians when she was in 1st grade--because I was doing homework and that was the only way I could get mine done.)
Good Luck! You CAN do it.